Visolis Inc. (Hayward, CA, USA) developed an integrated hybrid bio-thermochemical process combining the best features of both biology as well as chemistry. The biological step consists of the efficient fermentative conversion of sugars to a highly versatile platform molecule. This platform molecule can be then converted with a cascade approach to bio-monomers via highly selective thermocatalytic processes. The bio-based monomers are applied in markets like paints, adhesives, polyurethanes, Flavors and Fragrances, etc. In order to commercialize this technology Visolis Inc. established the company Visolis B.V. in the Netherlands. Visolis B.V. is looking for a CEO to strengthen the leadership team. See for profile below:
Visolis BV is a highly innovative start-up company active in developing, producing and selling biobased-intermediate chemicals (<8fte) with ambitious goals and plans for 2020 and beyond. The Company is currently participating in a large European Union funded R&D project (Horizon 2020) targeting to scale up the production to multi-ton pilot plant scale. This project will run till end of 2020. The company wants to accelerate growth and now seeks to strengthen the leadership team and find the executive leader of its innovative team.
The CEO, an executive manager with investment potential, has the responsibility to lead the company and realize the growth ambitions. Preferably the candidate has experience with building, funding and successfully exiting start ups. (S)He manages the company to reach the state of a highly profitable company with great potential for further growth. The CEO provides strategic leadership, oversees finance and funding, is hands-on in push and pull sales and key account management. Key is to further accelerate product commercialization and successful introduction and expansion in strategic markets. The position is based at the premises of Visolis BV on the Brightlands Chemelot Campus (Geleen, The Netherlands). This position reports to the General meeting of Shareholders or Board of Directors (to be installed).
The Ideal Candidate - Experience and Background
· Chemicals Master degree or higher, and ideally an MBA.
· 10+ years of experience in general management (holding P/L responsibility)
· 15+ years of international working experience and extensive network in the biobased and/or (petro)chemical industry or relevant final application fields of biobased- specialty chemicals and polymers and bulk chemicals.
· Experience in international strategic selling and partnerships.
· Track-record in developing and growing companies, spin-outs, from start-up to scale-up stage towards profitable sales.
· An active network and working experience in application fields like Polyurethanes, Polyesters, Coatings, Polyols would be a considered strong asset.
· Experience with venture-backed companies.
· Fluency in business English. Additional languages will be a plus.
The Ideal Candidate - Personal Skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit with an international adventurous mind-set.
· Strategic thinker with helicopter view and analytical skills.
· People leader with ability to lead and engage others
· Energetic, dynamic, hands-on self-starter that likes to get his/her hands dirty.
· Excellent commercial and strategic sales drive; able to open doors & close deals.
· Impactful communicator and influencer with well-developed negotiation skills.
· Focused, result-driven and goal-oriented to achieve outstanding results.
The position of CEO offers the exciting occasion to lead a vastly innovative company with considerable growth potential into its next phases. The challenge comes with an entrepreneurial opportunity to participate/invest in the company.
A challenging and multidimensional function in a dynamic internationally operating company. You can count on an opportunity to be part of a growing and learning organization, in which independency and self-initiative are appreciated. Visolis offers you an executive position that allows you to think out of the box, provide leadership and help shape the company’s future.
Please apply to:
+31 6 4029 2478
When applying for this role, please describe how you meet the characteristics, experience and skills for this role, as outlined in the requirements above. The information you provide in your cover letter and resume will be used to assess your application. A selection assessment and reference checks will be part of this process. Please submit your application letter and resume in English and Word format.